Homemade granola is a world away from the over-sweet shop bought variety. My cranberry, almond and cinnamon granola has plenty of crunch, is packed full of flavour and is suitable for vegans. Delicious for breakfast or straight from the jar!
What's your favourite vegan breakfast? If you're struggling for inspiration check out these 25 delicious vegan breakfast ideas.
I usually make porridge for breakfast, which I can share with my kids (or rather kid - only one of them will actually eat porridge). Granola is another favourite. However, I really don't like shop bought granola - am I alone in just finding it far too sweet? Homemade granola is so much better in my opinion and I hope that if you try this vegan cranberry, almond and cinnamon granola you'll agree!
How to serve granola
This cranberry, almond and cinnamon granola is delicious served with vegan yoghurt (I prefer coconut) and raspberries as pictured. But there's many other ways you can serve granola. I like it as a porridge topping to add a little crunch and sweetness. It also works well as a snack, with a drizzle of tahini or nut butter, in a lunchbox or with a spoon straight from the jar. Some people eat it with milk, like breakfast cereal too. How do you like your granola?
How to make cranberry, almond and cinnamon granola:
Making your own vegan granola is easier than you might think. It really is just a case of mixing everything - apart from the dried fruit - together and baking slowly on a low heat. It's also important to let the granola cool completely on the baking tray before removing. This will help it stick together in those lovely sweet clusters.
Cranberry, almond and cinnamon granola (vegan)
- 300 g jumbo oats
- 100 g pumpkin or sunflower seeds or a mix
- 100 g chopped almonds
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch sea salt optional
- 100 ml sunflower oil
- 100 ml maple syrup
- 100 g dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 100°C (fan)/120°C/ gas mark 1.
- Line a large baking tray with non stick paper.
- Mix all the ingredients apart from the cranberries together in a mixing bowl and spread out evenly over the baking tray.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, remove and stir, then return to the oven and bake for a further 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely on the tray.
- Add the cranberries and mix well.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place
Other vegan granola recipes
Pin cranberry, almond and cinnamon granola for later
*NB some of this recipes appear on my kid food blog Sneaky Veg.