A deliciously sweet side dish for your Christmas dinner or perfect with a roast at any time of year, these maple roasted carrots are quick, easy and extremely tasty. Suitable for vegans.
Sometimes simple dishes are the best. These maple roasted carrots are certainly simple but they're no less delicious for it.
To make sure the carrots taste their best try to buy good quality carrots for this recipe. Ones that are still bunched with the leaves on are ideal.
These maple roasted carrots are sweet, delicious and beautifully colourful. They're the perfect thing to add to your vegan Christmas dinner. They not only taste great but they look great too - I'm all for a colourful spread on Christmas day.
See more of my vegan Christmas dinner recipes.
Do you need to peel carrots?
The short answer to whether you need to peel carrots is no.
As long as you give them a good wash then carrot skin is perfectly safe to eat - especially if you've bought organic. With non organic carrots there's a risk that some pesticides may remain on the carrot skin.
Another reason not to peel your carrots is that vegetable skin usually contains lots of nutrients. These will be lost if the peelings end up in the compost rather than in our tummies.
Some people don't like the taste of carrot skin and so whether you want to peel them before cooking is really down to personal preference. I usually peel them for my kids, or if they're quite big, oldish looking carrots.
Baby carrots don't need to be peeled.
How difficult is this recipe to make?
It is very easy to make this recipe.
All you need to do is:
- chop off the leaves if your carrot has them still attached (you can reserve these for carrot top pesto to avoid food waste if you wish)
- give them a good wash - peeling is optional
- drizzle with olive oil and maple syrup,
- season with salt and pepper
- and roast until soft.
For full recipe including ingredients list, quantities and method please see the recipe card at the bottom of the page.
Here's what you need to make this recipe:
- olive oil
- maple syrup
- salt and pepper
Other vegan Christmas dinner recipes
- Chestnut and cranberry nut roast
- Balsamic Brussels sprouts
- The best vegan gravy
- Rosemary roast potatoes
- Vegan parsnip and cashew nut roast
- Vegan wellington
- Easy Christmas red cabbage (on my other blog Sneaky Veg)
- Vegan mince pies with almond pastry
- Sage roasted potatoes
How to make maple roasted carrots
If you have made this recipe and loved it please consider leaving a comment and rating below.
Please do not reproduce this recipe without permission.
Maple roasted carrots
- 400 g carrots
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- pinch sea salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C fan/200°C/gas mark 6.
- Wash the carrots. There's no need to peel them if you're using quite young carrots but you can if you wish. If your carrots are different sizes you may need to cut the larger ones in half, lengthways.
- Place the carrots in a roasting tin and drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil and 2 tablespoons maple syrup. Season with a little sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Mix well.
- Roast for 20-30 minutes, stirring halfway, until your carrots are soft.
- Serve immediately.
If you like this then you might like my roasted fennel with lemon recipe.
Pin maple roasted carrots for later
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE?
KEEP IN TOUCH
Subscribe to get recipes and news straight to your inbox.