Sautéed Brussels sprouts with garlic, herbs and white beans makes a delicious winter side dish. Shredded Brussels sprouts are fried in olive oil with garlic then served with fresh herbs and white beans. Suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
Never has there been a vegetable that divides option so much as Brussels sprouts.
Seen by many as an essential part of the Christmas dinner table and loathed by children universally, I think Brussels sprouts have an unfair reputation.
So often overcooked, boiled Brussels sprouts can be soggy and mushy, smell disgusting and don't taste much better.
Roasted or sautéed however, the humble sprout is a different beast altogether.
How to prepare Brussels sprouts
For this recipe, you will need to finely shred your Brussels sprouts.
Give them a good wash, then peel off any damaged outer leaves and trim off the end.
Using a sharp knife shred the Brussels sprouts finely into thin strips. When shredded Brussels sprouts can be added to salads, stir fries or curries, or most recipes that use cabbage.
Read more about how to prepare Brussels sprouts.
More Brussels sprouts recipes
If you like this you might also like
How to make sautéed Brussels sprouts with garlic, herbs and white beans
If you have made this recipe and loved it please consider leaving a comment and rating below.
Sautéed Brussels sprouts with garlic, herbs and white beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 200 g Brussels sprouts outer leaves peeled and finely shredded
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 240 g cannellini beans 1 standard 400g tin, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 30 g flat leaf parsley finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a medium frying pan.
- When hot add the shredded Brussels sprouts and sauté (fry) for 5 minutes, stirring often, until softened.
- Add 2 cloves of finely chopped garlic and stir fry for a further 30 seconds-1 minute or until the garlic has softened.
- Stir through the rinsed cannellini beans and continue frying for 2-3 minutes to warm through.
- Take off the heat and stir through the lemon juice and chopped parsley then season to taste with salt and pepper.
Pin sautéed Brussels sprouts and white beans for later
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE?
FREE GUIDE TO ESSENTIAL VEGAN INGREDIENTS
Subscribe to get recipes and news straight to your inbox plus get my FREE guide to essential vegan ingredients.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure for more information.