These vegan chocolate chip banana muffins are easy to make and taste incredible. You'll want to make them time and time again.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Affiliate links are marked with *.
I find myself making a lot of muffins.
They’re good for my kids because they fit into a lunch box better than a slice of cake or banana bread.
And they freeze well, for those occasions when we don’t want to eat the whole batch at once.
But my favourite thing about muffins is that they bake quickly, which means you can have a tasty vegan snack ready in just over half an hour.
What ingredients do you need to make banana choc chip muffins?
For full recipe see the recipe card at the end of this post.
Well - the most important ingredient in this recipe is the bananas.
For these muffins you will need two very ripe bananas. The skin should be covered in black spots at least. But if it’s completely black that’s ok too. The riper the better.
The other ingredients you need are:
- plain flour
- caster sugar
- baking powder
- bicarbonate of soda
- maple syrup
- sunflower oil
- apple cider vinegar
- vanilla extract
- dairy free chocolate chips or alternative.
More vegan banana recipes you might like
- Cinnamon banana porridge
- Spiced vegan banana bread
- Banana and blueberry muffins
- Banana and peanut butter pancakes
- Blueberry and banana porridge bars
- Peanut butter cookies with banana and blueberry
- Chickpea flour banana bread
- Leftover mashed potato muffins
Some of these recipes are on my healthy kid food blog Sneaky Veg.
How to make chocolate chip banana muffins
For full recipe see recipe card at the end of this post.
- Mash the bananas
- Whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda together
- Heat the water, maple syrup and sunflower oil together
- Add the apple cider vinegar and vanilla extract
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients together
- Stir through the mashed banana
- Add the chocolate chips
- Spoon into muffin cases and bake.
If you have made this recipe I would love it if you’d leave a comment and rating below. Thank you!
Please do not reproduce this recipe without permission.
Vegan banana chocolate chip muffins
- 2 medium -sized ripe bananas mashed
- 170 g plain flour
- 120 g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 65 ml water
- 65 ml maple syrup
- 65 ml sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 100 g dairy free chocolate chips or chopped up dark vegan chocolate or sultanas or chopped nuts
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (fan)/200°C/gas mark 6. Add 12 muffin cases to a muffin tin.
- First peel and mash your bananas with a fork. Set aside.
- Add 170g plain flour, 120g caster sugar, 1 tsp baking powder and ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda to a large bowl. Whisk gently until thoroughly combined.
- Heat 65ml water, 65ml maple syrup and 65ml sunflower oil together in a small saucepan until just starting to bubble. Do not boil. Remove from the heat and add 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar and 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- Add to the flour mixture and stir in.
- Stir in two mashed bananas and 100g chocolate chips until just combined.
- Spoon into the muffin cases and bake for 20-25 minutes until risen and firm to the touch.
- Allow to cool in the tin for 5 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Pin vegan chocolate chip and banana muffins for later
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE?
KEEP IN TOUCH
Subscribe to get recipes and news straight to your inbox.
*Disclaimer: this is an affiliate link meaning that if you buy something after clicking on it I’ll receive a small commission, which I will probably spend on buying more ingredients for recipes! The price to you remains the same. Thanks for supporting Cook Veggielicious. Read my full disclosure.