Watercress, radish and asparagus salad
Perfectly seasonal, this tasty radish, watercress and asparagus salad makes the most of spring ingredients. Served with a lemony dressing.
- 200 g asparagus* cut into three on the diagonal
- 150 g radishes topped and tailed and thinly sliced
- 2 spring onions finely chopped
- 100 g watercress
- Small handful flat leaf parsley finely chopped
For the dressing
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon juiced
- salt and pepper
Cook the sliced asparagus in a pan of boiling water until just soft, or in a covered frying pan over a low heat with two tablespoons of water until soft. Drain and allow to cool.
Mix with the watercress, radish, spring onions and flat leaf parsley.
Beat together the olive oil and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
Drizzle over the salad and serve.
- Discard the thick ends of your asparagus spears if they're thick and woody.
- Nutritional information is approximate and is intended as a guide only.
Calories: 181kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 55mg | Potassium: 650mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 2488IU | Vitamin C: 69mg | Calcium: 126mg | Iron: 3mg