These cashew and ginger vegan energy balls are zingy, delicious and packed full of flavour. The ginger adds a wonderful kick to this healthy plant-based snack.
Energy balls are a great vegan snack
When I first became vegan I found it hard to find healthy snacks that filled me up.
I soon learnt that the answer was to be organised.
While it's not always possible to have a homemade snack, it's definitely a good idea to plan ahead and make your own when you can.
These cashew and ginger balls are so easy to make and are perfect for transporting to work. The only difficultly is stopping at just one...
For a less healthy vegan snack try these vegan flapjacks.
Are these easy to make?
These vegan cashew and ginger balls are ridiculously easy to make.
You will however need a food processor to make them. Alternatively you can make them in a high powered blender if you have one. Personally I prefer to use a food processor as I think it gives better results.
What ingredients do you need?
You will need the following ingredients to make these energy balls:
- medjool dates
- cashew nuts
- ground ginger
- fresh ginger
What kind of dates are best for energy balls?
You'll get the best results if you use medjool dates. They are just the right level of stickiness. Plus they taste absolutely delicious.
If you are using a different kind of dates and they seem a little on the dry side it's a good idea to soak them in hot water before starting this recipe.
Other vegan energy ball recipes
- Chocolate peanut butter energy balls
- Carrot cake energy balls
- Nut free coconut energy balls
- Raw blackberry energy balls
- Fig and apple energy balls
If you like this you might like these deliciously smoky spiced nuts.
Pin cashew and ginger vegan energy balls recipe for later
How to make cashew and ginger vegan energy balls
If you have made this recipe and loved it please consider leaving a comment and rating below.
Cashew and ginger vegan energy balls
- 200 g medjool dates pitted and roughly chopped
- 100 g cashews
- 100 g oats
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger peeled and finely chopped
- Place all the ingredients into a food processor and pulse until well combined. The mixture should form a sticky dough.
- Use your hands to roll into 12 balls - you may want to lightly oil your hands as it can be quite sticky.
- Place in the fridge for an hour before serving. Store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to five days.
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE?
FREE GUIDE TO ESSENTIAL VEGAN INGREDIENTS
Subscribe to get recipes and news straight to your inbox plus get my FREE guide to essential vegan ingredients.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure for more information.