Perhaps you're a long term vegan, maybe you're trying out a plant-based diet for the first time or you just want to eat more veg this year. Whatever your circumstances it can be difficult to know what to take to work for lunch. These 30 delicious vegan packed lunch ideas will give you plenty of inspiration.
If you're struggling to know what to take for work for your vegan packed lunch you are not alone. It can be difficult to know what to take when your usual options are no longer available to you.
Love your leftovers
Leftovers are your friend when it comes to a packed lunch. Whatever you had for dinner, chances are you can save a portion to take into work the next day. If you have access to a fridge and microwave at work this will save you time and money and is something I definitely recommend. Alternatively consider investing in a Thermos to keep your food warm.
Soups will keep you healthy
Soups are also a great idea. If you make a big pot of your favourite soup at the weekend then your vegan packed lunches for the week are sorted. If you don't have a microwave you can heat it at home and take it to work in a Thermos flask.
Plenty of cold options too
However, sometimes a vegan lunch on the go needs to be cold. Because of this I've also included plenty of delicious salads, sandwiches and wraps for you to try.
Leave a comment below if you try any of these recipes - I'd love to hear what you think.
What is your favourite vegan lunch?
- Vegan tuna mayo sandwich by Veggie Desserts
- Vegan chickpea curry salad sandwich by Rhian's Recipes
- Curried black eyed pea salad sandwiches by Strength and Sunshine
- Falafel and apple salad sandwich by Tinned Tomatoes
- Vegan cream cheese, pickled beetroot and lettuce sandwich by Tin and Thyme
- Vegan tuna salad melt by The Hidden Veggies
- Vegan chickpea mayonnaise salad sandwich by Rhian's Recipes
- Buffalo tahini and quinoa & rice wraps by Strength and Sunshine
- Beet salad lunch wrap by Tinned Tomatoes
- Refried beans with sun-dried tomatoes by Food and Spice
- Healthy lettuce wraps by The Live in Kitchen
- Grilled green goddess wraps by Strength and Sunshine
- Chickpea quinoa vegetable wraps by Food and Spice
- Freekeh salad with cauliflower, leeks and butterbeans by Cook Veggielicious
- Vegan tuna salad by Veggies Save the Day
- Roasted vegetable couscous by Cook Veggielicious
- Roasted sweet potato, blueberry and buckwheat salad by Sneaky Veg
- Mediterranean jackfruit salad by Tasting Page
- Chickpea salad with lemon and shallots by Fried Dandelions
- Curried parsnip soup by Cook Veggielicious
- Easy microwave ramen by Sneaky Veg
- Butternut squash and sweet potato soup by Cook Veggielicious
- Spinach, borlotti bean and vegetable soup by Sneaky Veg
Vegan pasta and rice
- Vegan asparagus peanut rice by Jagruti's Cooking Odyssey
- Sicilian pasta salad by Tin and Thyme
- Chickpea and kale pasta salad by Cook Veggielicious
Vegan bites, slices and spreads
- Muffin tin sushi cups by Rhian's Recipes
- Vegan spanakopita by Cook Veggielicious
- Sweet potato and chickpea patties by Food and Spice
- Mushroom pate by Rhian's Recipes
If you like this you might like these 31 vegan dinner recipes.
Pin 30 vegan packed lunch ideas for later
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE?
If you loved this recipe why not let me know by leaving a rating and comment below? Alternatively you can let me know on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook.
FREE GUIDE TO ESSENTIAL VEGAN INGREDIENTS
Subscribe to get recipes and news straight to your inbox plus get my FREE guide to essential vegan ingredients.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure for more information.
Thanks for including some of my recipes. I hope your husband enjoys his vegan lunches.
Thanks Jacqueline - I'm sure he will!
Lindsay @ The Live-In Kitchen
What a great list! I'm going to have to try all of these.
Hope you find something you like!
This is just brilliant and what I need for #Veganuary. I don't have any problem with cooking dinner. Many of our main meals are vegan anyway. It's the quick lunch that worried me as I usually have egg on toast or cheese sandwiches as a packed lunch. As it happens, I've been having a ball for lunch and I've been trying all sorts of different things. I've been at home all week though, so it's much easier. That won't be the case from next week, so this post is very timely.
Thanks so much Choclette. I think once you get into the swing of things you'll have no trouble with your vegan lunches.