These delicious homemade vegan Easter chocolates are so easy to make. With less than five ingredients, you'll want to make these time and time again.
These little homemade Easter chocolates are very simple and all you need is cacao butter, cocoa powder, maple syrup and vanilla extract. You can add lecithin powder to make them a little smoother but this isn't essential.
How to make homemade vegan chocolates
The first time I made my own vegan chocolates I couldn't believe how easy it was.
I involved my kids in the chocolate making process and it was MESSY. Like, seriously messy. But they had a brilliant time so I did my best to relax!
While it was messy it was still easy.
So we've carried on enjoying making our own chocolates and have made a few different kinds of vegan chocolates. Those original ones were fruit and nut flavour.
This time I've opted for a simple vegan chocolate with a hint of vanilla.
To make your own vegan chocolates you need cacao butter* and cacao powder*. You can use cocoa powder but this is more refined. I'll leave it up to you. You will also need an Easter silicone mould*, although you could use muffin cases or ice cube trays instead.
(Anyone else think of Willy Wonka every time they hear the word cacao?)
Anyway, I digress. Back to the chocolate making.
First you need to melt the cacao butter. Then you simple whisk in the cacao powder, syrup and vanilla extract. I like to add a little lecithin powder* to help improve the texture of my chocolates but this isn't essential at all if you don't have any.
Once your ingredients are whisked together you simply need to pour them into your mould - I have two - one with larger eggs on and another with ducklings, rabbits and small eggs. Finally, the chocolates need to set in the fridge.
These vegan chocolates make a wonderful Easter gift - just remind the recipient to store them in the fridge.
If you like this you might like these
More recipes that you might like
- Vegan white chocolate hearts
- Healthy mango and coconut creme eggs
- Vegan mini egg chocolate brownies
- Vegan hot cross buns
- Simnel cake (vegan)
Pin homemade vegan chocolates for Easter for later
How to make vegan Easter chocolates
If you have made this recipe and loved it please consider leaving a comment and rating below.
Vegan Easter chocolates
- 150 g cacao butter
- 35 g cacao powder
- 3 tbsp agave or maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lecithin powder optional
- Place about 5cm water in a small saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Put the cacao butter in a heatproof bowl and place it in the pan over the water - the bowl shouldn’t touch the water.
- Heat until the cacao butter is melted.
- Remove from the heat.
- Whisk in the cocoa powder then add the syrup, vanilla extract and lecithin powder (if using).
- Pour into your Easter egg mould* and allow to set in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
- Once your vegan Easter chocolates have set, carefully remove them from the mould and store in a container with a lid in the fridge.
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE?
KEEP IN TOUCH
Subscribe to get recipes and news straight to your inbox.
*Disclaimer: this is an affiliate link meaning that if you buy something after clicking on it I’ll receive a small commission, which I will probably spend on buying more ingredients for recipes! The price to you remains the same. Thanks for supporting Cook Veggielicious. Read my full disclosure.