This delicious roasted cauliflower hummus with turmeric goes well with any mezze style meal, in a sandwich or as a dip or side dish. It's easy to make and is suitable for vegans.
Roasting the cauliflower really is a game changer.
A few years ago I thought I didn't like cauliflower.
Well I was wrong - I just hadn't tried it roasted. When roasted, cauliflower has an entirely different flavour, texture and consistency.
And it is absolutely delicious.
Is hummus vegan?
Hummus, or houmous, is usually suitable for vegans.
A traditional middle-eastern dip, hummus is made with chickpeas, tahini (sesame paste), olive oil, salt, garlic and lemon juice.
Sometimes yoghurt or other non-vegan ingredients are added so it's always worth checking, but it's usually vegan.
As to whether hummus is healthy or not - well shop bought hummus is often high in fat and salt. If you make your own you can control the levels of both of these ingredients and still end up with a delicious plate of hummus.
Making cauliflower hummus
It really is as easy as throwing the ingredients into a blender or food processor, pulsing until well blended and serving.
Roasting the cauliflower is the most time consuming part and the oven takes care of most of the work.
You can make this vegan cauliflower hummus with steamed or boiled cauliflower - however I think the taste is a thousand times better when you roast the cauliflower so I urge you not to skip this step.
More vegan cauliflower recipes
- Vegan cauliflower cheese
- Cauliflower alfredo sauce
- Freekah salad with cauliflower, leeks and butterbeans
- Parsnip, chickpea and cauliflower korma
- Tandoori cauliflower curry
- Harissa whole roasted cauliflower
Looking for a new vegan cookbook? Check out my 15 best vegan cookbooks post.
You might also like my vegan shakshuka recipe.
Check out these delicious vegan party food ideas.
Pin roasted cauliflower hummus with turmeric for later
How to make roasted cauliflower hummus with turmeric
If you have made this recipe and loved it please consider leaving a comment and rating below.
Roasted cauliflower hummus with turmeric
For the cauliflower
- 1 small cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
For the hummus
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 400 g tin of chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 4 tablespoons tahini
- juice one lemon
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- Pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons water optional
- Flat leaf parsley finely chopped
- Pitta breads
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (fan)/200°C/gas mark 6
- Break the cauliflower into florets, drizzle with olive oil and roast in the oven for 30-40 minutes until cooked through. Stir halfway. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Place the cauliflower along with the remaining ingredients apart from the water into your blender or food processor and pulse until well mixed. You might need to scrape the sides down a few times.
- If needed add a little water to get a smoother consistency.
- Serve with chopped parsley and pitta breads.
If you like this you might also like this black bean dip.
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE?
KEEP IN TOUCH
Subscribe to get recipes and news straight to your inbox.