Is there anything better than the taste of fresh sweetcorn in summer? This roasted corn on the cob makes a spectacular summer side dish. In this simple recipe the sweetcorn is roasted whole with olive oil, smoked paprika and salt and served with fresh lime juice.
How to prepare your corn on the cob for roasting
It’s easy enough these days to buy pre-prepared corn on the cobs. These have had the outer leaves and silky strands removed already.
However, if you have grown or bought fresh corn on the cob there’s a good chance that it will still have these attached. This is particularly true if you’re buying your corn in season – late summer.
If this is the case you will need to shuck, or dehusk, your corn.
Once you get the hang of shucking corn it is very quick and easy. The key is to pull the inner leaves and silky strands off in one go. For further details I like this post on how to shuck corn by The Kitchn.
What to serve with roasted corn on the cob
A BBQ is the obvious accompaniment to corn on the cob. In fact you could just as easily cook this corn on the BBQ with the olive oil, salt and paprika.
Here are some other ideas for how to serve roasted corn:
- cut the kernels off and make a summer corn salad
- serve alongside vegan sausages and a summer potato salad for an easy summer dinner
- make a mezze with tabbuleh, baked Greek beans, flatbreads and baba ghanoush
- make a Mexican feast. This roasted corn on the cob would go beautifully alongside my smoky pulled jackfruit and salsa and guacamole.
What would you serve with your roasted sweetcorn?
Pin roasted sweetcorn with paprika and lime for later
If you like this you might also like my delicious vegan sweetcorn fritters.
How to make roasted corn on the cob
Roasted sweet corn with paprika
- 2 corn cobs
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil drizzle
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Pinch sea salt
- 1-2 limes
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan/200°C/gas mark 6.
- Dehusk your corn if you need to removing all of the silky strands. Wash your corn. If your cobs are large, or you’re serving to children, you may wish to cut them in half first.
- Place in a baking tray then drizzle with 1-2 tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp smoked paprika and a pinch of sea salt.
- Roast in the oven for 30 minutes, turning half way, until cooked through and turning golden brown.
- Drizzle with lime juice and serve immediately with extra lime wedges on the side.