Delicious, healthy chocolate muffins made with leftover mashed potato. These are made with Canderel and therefore lower in calories.
This is a collaborative post with Canderel
Do you ever find yourself with far too much mashed potato?
Despite us being a family of five we never seem to get through all the mashed potato. I inevitably make too much.
And while it's great for shepherd's pies and the like, sometimes it's good to have something a little different.
Leftover mashed potato makes great muffins
It turns out that leftover mash can be turned into delicious chocolate muffins. Try the recipe below to see for yourself.
Canderel has teamed up with Fare Share London Community Food Network to help supply meals to those in need. They’ve also created a cookbook full of lower calorie recipes made using leftovers.
Here are some other recipes made by my blogging friends using Canderel:
Thai green curry by Intolerant Gourmand
Curried potato and vegetable cakes with a spiced mango jam by Mummy Mishaps
Pin vegan leftover mashed potato chocolate muffins
If you like this you might also like my vegan banana muffins.
How to make leftover mashed potato chocolate muffins
If you have made this recipe and loved it please consider leaving a comment and rating below.
Leftover mashed potato chocolate muffins (vegan)
- 150 g plain flour
- 50 g ground almonds
- 50 g vegan cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 40 g jar of Canderel Granules
- 120 ml non-dairy milk
- 100 ml sunflower oil
- 1 large ripe banana mashed
- 175 g mashed potato
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C fan/200°C/gas mark 6. Place 12 muffin cases in a muffin tin.
- Mix together the flour, ground almonds, cocoa powder, baking powder and Canderel in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl beat together the oat milk and sunflower oil then stir in the mashed banana and mashed potato.
- Add the dry ingredients and fold in gently until combined. Spoon into the prepared muffin cases.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until firm to the touch. Allow to cool in the tin for several minutes and then leave to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container for 2-3 days.
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE?
KEEP IN TOUCH
Subscribe to get recipes and news straight to your inbox.
Disclaimer: this is a collaborative post with Canderel. Read my full disclosure.