Healthy three bean salad is a classic summer accompaniment to any picnic or barbecue and it takes just minutes to prepare. With a zingy dressing, fresh green beans and healthy chickpeas and kidney beans you're sure to love this easy vegan three bean salad.
For me three bean salad is a classic vegetarian side dish. I don't really remember when or where but I know that I have eaten this on many an occasion.
It's a great dish to make in advance to take along to a summer picnic or enjoy as part of a packed lunch.
Bean salad keeps well but if you prefer you can keep the dressing in a jar and add it immediately prior to serving. I also love this as a side at a BBQ and you'll find that everyone enjoys it - vegan, vegetarian and meat eaters alike.
There's something really appealing about the way the the bright green beans, the deep red kidney beans and the yellowish chickpeas (or garbanzo beans) look together.
That paired with the flavour of the zingy salad dressing mean that this easy three bean salad will always go down well.
More vegan salad recipes that you might like
If you like this you might like:
- simple Israeli salad
- clementine, walnut and radicchio salad
- Brussels sprouts salad
- kale and sweet potato salad
- cabbage salad
- celeriac and chestnut buckwheat salad
- freekeh salad with cauliflower, leeks and butterbeans
- rainbow salad
- fennel, orange and pecan salad
Pin easy vegan three bean salad for later
How to make this vegan healthy three bean salad
If you have made this recipe and loved it please consider leaving a comment and rating below.
Healthy vegan three bean salad
- 170 g fine green beans trimmed and halved
- 400 g tin of chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 400 g tin of kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 small onion very finely chopped
- 50 ml red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 50 ml olive oil
- Small handful parsley finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and add the beans. Cook for 2-3 minutes then drain and place into a bowl of iced water to stop the cooking. Drain.
- Place the chickpeas, kidney beans and chopped onion into a bowl with the cooked green beans.
- Make the dressing by whisking together the red wine vinegar, maple syrup and olive oil. Pour over the beans.
- Add the parsley, season with salt and pepper to taste and mix well.
- Serve immediately.
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE?
KEEP IN TOUCH
Subscribe to get recipes and news straight to your inbox.